An amazing opportunity has arisen for a for an Office Manager/ Personal Assistant to join an established University based in Manchester City Centre on a permanent basis. This is a great company to work for with a lot of opportunity for progression.
You will assist in the management of the office as well as lead the organisation of high profile events. In addition to this, you will also provide personal assistant and administration duties.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Assist the Executive PA in managing the work of the Vice Chancellor
- Review emails, calls and other correspondence and ensure the Vice Chancellor responds to these in a timely manner
- Proactively deal with issues for the Vice-Chancellor using initiative and knowledge
- Organise and direct major events (attended by senior Government officials etc)
- Manage and develop the Office Administrator
- Promote and engage activities within the office
- Take leadership in organising key events, both internally and externally
- Assist with high level administrative and project support
- Collate and analyse financial and management information
- Deputise for the Executive PA when needed
- Must be proactive and be able to use own initiative
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish positive working relationships
Experience of the following is essential:
- Organising and managing events
- Managing a team
- Organising meetings, taking minutes and writing reports
Salary: £30,395- £34,189 (depending on experience)
Hours of work: 37 hours per week (must be worked between 8.30am-5.30pm)
Lily Shippen specialise in PA and administration recruitment across London, Manchester and Cheshire. Typical roles include Receptionists, Team Assistants, PAs, Office Managers and EAs across all industry sectors. We are a boutique agency and as a result, are unable to respond individually to the high volume of applications. If you are already registered with Lily Shippen, please do not hesitate to contact your consultant directly.